The Raspberry pi has made a revolution in the hardware hacking community. It’s a credit-card single board computer with a decent computational power at a very affordable price. This small amazing device has been used in a variety of DIY home automation projects, arcades, web servers, torrent-boxes to name a few. Today, the rPI is in Lebanon and we are hosting the first workshop in a series to introduce you to the potential of this great product.
The rPI workshop – part 1 will cover the following points:
- Simple architecture discussion of the rPI and a brief overview of its history.
- Guide to running the rPI for the first time and choosing the proper Linux distribution to run on it.
- Configuring your device to be connected online and installing the basic tools needed.
- Brief introduction to GPIO programming.
This workshop will be followed by second part at a later stage, which will address in details the rPI’s GPIO programming.
At the end of this workshop, a DIY challenge will be announced to the attendees that will allow them to compete for a chance to win their very own Raspberry Pi Model B.
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming.
Price: 10 USD
Date: Saturday January 26th 2013
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Geek Express
Perks: A DIY challenge will be announced to the attendees that will allow them to compete for a chance to win their very own Raspberry Pi Model B.
- leave a comment on this post
- or contact us vial email
- or phone: 01-652 798
- or click on the link below: